Top 10 Places to Stay
For a grandeur stay in Plymouth, see our top 10 places to stay, ranging from beautiful grade one listed buildings to luxury wooden lodges.
- Boringdon Hall Hotel – Quintessentially English, situated on the edge of the idyllic Dartmoor National Park and just five minutes from Plymouth, the 4-star Boringdon Hall Hotel features fantastic historic interiors and elegant rooms.
- New Continental Hotel – this grade two listed building, over 150 years old, seek to offer affordable luxury in the centre of Plymouth, adjacent to the Plymouth Pavilions and just minutes away from Plymouth’s historic waterfront – the hotel is the perfect location for business and pleasure.
- The Duke of Cornwall Hotel - Plymouth's original character hotel, a treasure in the heart of Devon's city-by-the sea. Tower and turret, ballroom, oak panels, elaborate ceiling roses, sea views and cityscape. Built during the Golden Age of steam, the Duke of Cornwall was Plymouth's first luxury hotel and provides first class accommodation today.
- The Grosvenor - Originally built in 1879 this beautiful Victorian property was formerly used as a private residential dwelling before being transformed into the Grosvenor Hotel in 1990 and operates on a bed and breakfast basis. situated on the Plymouth Hoe, just 50 yards from the stunning views of the Plymouth Sound and less than 200 yards from the modern and bustling city centre, the personal touch and comforts of the hotel will certainly ensure an enjoyable stay.
- Holiday Inn - The peaceful Holiday Inn Plymouth is surrounded by the grassy open spaces of Plymouth Hoe. Overlooking the Hoe and out towards Plymouth Sound, this modern, high-rise hotel offers extensive facilities, including a leisure club with a heated 15 meter indoor pool and outside sun deck and impressive conference and function rooms.
- Langdon Court Hotel - Langdon Court is one of Devons most beautiful Historic Manor Houses dating from the 16th century. Set in the beautiful rolling South Hams countryside, within walking distance of Wembury Cove and The National Trust coastal pathway and only a 15 minute drive to Plymouth.
- Elfordleigh Hotel, Golf and Leisure- Set within the spectacular South Devon countryside, yet only minutes away from the heart of Plymouth, the Elfordleigh offers the perfect location whether your visit be business or pleasure. With a fully equipped gymnasium, squash court, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam rooms, as well as 18 superb holes of golf set deep in the secluded Plym Valley, Elfordleigh offers somewhere truly extra special.
- Moorland Garden Hotel - the Moorland Garden Hotel enjoys a beautiful location between the untamed splendour of Dartmoor National Park and the magnificent natural harbour of Plymouth. For outdoor enthusiasts, the varied Dartmoor landscape is right on the doorstep. Guests can avail themselves of drying facilities, access to guided walks, OS maps and staff with detailed local knowledge. This is prime walking country, whether stepping out onto Dartmoor or exploring the nearby Tamar Valley, and dogs are welcome throughout the hotel.
- Bovisands Beachside Holiday Park, Heritage Apartments and Luxury Lodges – There's something to suit all needs on the Bovisands Lodge Estate. On a self catering bases enjoy historical Grade 2 listed Heritage apartments, the luxury wooden lodges or mobile holiday homes. The ideal retreat for people who want to escape, relax and enjoy the outdoor countryside with direct access to the beach, the magnificent indoor heated swimming pool and SW Coastal path, this wonderful beachside location offers peace and tranquillity in a beautiful natural environment, with an abundance of wildlife.
- Kitley House Hotel - a Grade one listed building surrounded by unspoiled rolling countryside. With the hotel set in a private estate, guests can enjoy the timeless beauty of the area with its stunning views over the fountain gardens and of the private lake leading to the Yealm Estuary. Kitley House is positioned in South Devon between the villages of Brixton and Yealmpton and the picturesque fishing villages of Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo. Surrounded by parks, woodland and unspoiled countryside, it offers easy access to the South Devon Coast, Dartmoor National Park and the maritime City of Plymouth.