Development Stage 4 – Consented
Land at Mayflower Street East is allocated for an office led mixed use development, with active ground floor uses (retail / food and drink) and student accommodation as enabling development. Provision is made for in the order of 34,000 sq.m. of B1 offices.
SITE AREA: 0.66ha
OWNERSHIP: Multiple, including L&UK Property (Mayflower House)
EXISTING USE: Retail and Offices (partly vacant).
JOINT LOCAL PLAN ALLOCATION PLY9
Offices (c.34,000 sq m) with active ground floor uses (retail / food and drink) enabled by student accommodation.
DELIVERY TRAJECTORY: TBC
DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS (Wider Site)
1. Mayflower House consent granted (15/01622/FUL) and soft strip has commenced in preparation for full demolition.
2. Pre-application enquiry for revised scheme (Hotel, student accommodation and office mixed use) for Mayflower House processed.
3. City Centre Masterplan established development potential of wider site which is now set out in JLP policy
PLYMOUTH CITY COUNCIL NEXT STEPS (Wider Site)
1. Identify and approach additional landowners to establish potential options to deliver wider JLP Policy aspirations.
This site includes the following subsites:
• PLY9 Sub Site Mayflower House – Consented
Alistair Wagstaff MRTPI, T +44 (0) 1752 398259