Development Stage 1 – Pipeline opportunity
Land at Cornwall Street East is allocated for retail led mixed use, including multi-storey car parking and housing on upper floors. Provision is made for in the order of 92 homes.
This site includes the following subsites:
• PLY10 Sub Site Good Companion – Consented
SITE AREA: 1.17 ha
EXISTING USE: Mixed commercial/retail and residential, and multi-storey car park
JOINT LOCAL PLAN ALLOCATION PLY10
Mix use redevelopment for 92 homes, retail and car parking.
DELIVERY TRAJECTORY: 2032-2033
1. City Centre Masterplan established development potential as set out in JLP policy for the site;
2. Good companions pub demolished, site hoarding erected and planning application granted.
PLYMOUTH CITY COUNCIL NEXT STEPS
1. Continue to work with owners of former Good Companions pub to facilitate delivery of a revised mixed office/commercial and student housing scheme.
2. Engage with wider site land owners to understand their aspirations and consider scope for individual redevelopment or comprehensive scheme in line with JLP Policy.
3. Positively manage pre-applications and applications.
T +44 (0)1752 308744