Development Stage 1 – Pipeline opportunity
Land at Armada Way is allocated for retail led mixed use through sensitive refurbishment and extension of the existing buildings of high quality, including housing on upper floors. Provision is made for in the order of 110 homes. Expansion of existing spaces will be enabled by internal reconfiguration, extension of the buildings to the rear and/or the sensitive inclusion of additional floors.
SITE AREA: 0.49HA
EXISTING USE: Range of retail store with Student Accommodation above
JOINT LOCAL PLAN ALLOCATION PLY13
Retail-led mixed-use including housing on upper floors
DELIVERY TRAJECTORY: 2031-2032
1. City Centre Master Plan established development potential as set out in JLP Policy for site.
2. Site Allocation in Joint Local Plan
PLYMOUTH CITY COUNCIL NEXT STEPS
1. Engage landowners to explore potential opportunities for redevelopment and improvements to externals of the building
2. Explore feasibility for sensitive redevelopment
3. Positively manage future pre-applications and applications for redevelopment
Marie Stainwright, +44 (0)1752 305188