Development Stage 4 – Consented
Land at The Crescent, Derry's Cross is allocated for mixed use development which could support a range of uses including small scale retail, leisure, a quality hotel, offices and a range of housing. Provision is made for in the order of 120 homes.
SITE AREA: 0.6 ha
OWNERSHIP: Ritz Investments
EXISTING USE: Formerly television studios and offices, now demolished and site cleared.
JOINT LOCAL PLAN ALLOCATION PLY14
120 homes with hotel, office, retail, office and leisure uses.
DELIVERY TRAJECTORY: 2021-23 for the homes to come forward, with potential for a phased delivery separate from the other development.
1. Site identified for mixed use redevelopment in JLP.
2. Previously approved scheme including tall building.
3. Site clearance works undertaken including extensive archaeological investigations.
4. Outline consent granted for residential, hotel and multi storey car park, overcoming previous refusal reasons
PLYMOUTH CITY COUNCIL NEXT STEPS
1. Continuing engagement with Registered Provider, Plymouth City Council Economic Development and the applicant to bring forward a viable scheme.
2. Determine reserved matters application in line with JLP Policy.
3. Work with the developer to deliver the scheme on a defined timeline, including planning conditions discharge.
Alistair Wagstaff MRTPI, T +44 (0) 1752 398259