Development Stage 2 – Feasibility
University of Plymouth and Plymouth College of Art should continue to evolve as high quality education-led mixed-use campuses, including arts and cultural uses, incubator units / managed workspace for start-up businesses and creative industries, and other complementary uses. Purpose built student accommodation will be permitted where fully justified by evidence of need and targeted to deliver regeneration benefits, as provided for in Policies PLY6 and DEV12.
This site forms part of the wider PLY17 site which includes:
• PLY17 University of Plymouth – Feasibility
SITE AREA: 10.46 ha
OWNERSHIP: University of Plymouth.
EXISTING USE: University campus including teaching and research space, staff and student facilities, a gallery and other areas of public use.
JLP ALLOCATION & EXPECTATIONS PLY17
Summary of uses: masterplanning of university campus to ensure the site integrates well with city center, to include high quality sustainable buildings and spaces, better connectivity and to ensure that the university remains attractive to potential students.
DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS PLYMOUTH COLLEGE OF ART
1. Determined planning applications to facilitate modernisation of Campus, including Plymouth Arts Cinema
2. Engage with College through JLP process to support campus development
PLYMOUTH CITY COUNCIL NEXT STEPS
1. Engage with College to consider and review site proposals and progress to pre-application discussions in line with PCAT aspirations.
2. Determine applications to facilitate redevelopment
3. Continue to support College to improve and develop campus
Katherine Graham, +441752 307342