Discovery, tranquillity and history – an ancient gem in the Dartmoor landscape
When you visit Buckland, you follow over 700 years of footsteps; from the Cistercians who built the Abbey and farmed the estate, to seafarers Grenville and Drake who changed the shape of the house and the fate of the country.
The Abbey is part museum, part house, and filled with treasures such as the legendary Drake’s Drum. There’s no mistaking the magnificence of the Great Barn, which has remained virtually unchanged since it was built all those centuries ago.
You’ll discover meadows, orchards and woodlands where you can enjoy far-reaching views of the Tavy Valley. Our way-marked trails are a riot of colour through the seasons, with an unmissable carpet of bluebells in spring.
At the cider house, herbaceous borders provide seasonal interest and a secret ‘wild’ garden is a wonderful place for quiet contemplation (or a game of hide and seek).
Find your favourite spot and you’ll want to come back to Buckland time and again.
Adult House and Grounds: £11
Adult Grounds: £5.50
Child House and Grounds: £5.50
Child Grounds: £2.75
Family (2 adults) House and Grounds: £27.50
Family (2 adults) Grounds: £13.75
All prices include Gift Aid. Other ticket options available – please visit our website for details.
National Trust members and Under 5s free.
- Plant Sales
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted - For conservation and wildlife reasons only assistance dogs allowed; other dogs may be exercised in our car park.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - Adapted toilet next to main toilets.
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - ■Children's quiz/trail and family activities including a letterbox trail and self-guided estate walks
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On-Site café/restaurant - serving freshly cooked local produce. The restaurant is also available for private function.
- Picnic Site
Map & Directions
|Open (1 Dec 2017 - 20 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Friday||Closed*|
|Saturday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:00*|