|Ticket Type /||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is located just on the edge of the city centre, approximately five minutes’ walk from the main Drake Circus shopping mall.
The Museum is currently closed while major redevelopment work takes place to transform its building, along with the Central Library and St Luke's Church buildings, into the Plymouth History Centre - a brand new cultural and heritage attraction with permanent galleries, exciting temporary exhibitions and a packed event programme. These will be complemented with research, education, retail, food and drink facilities.
The History Centre is scheduled to open in spring 2020 as part of Plymouth's Mayflower 400 commemorations.
While the building is closed a 'Museum On Tour' programme is taking events and community projects to a range of venues across the city.
A series of changing exhibitions are being hosted at the Council House while partnership exhibitions at the Peninsula Arts gallery will also be on display throughout the year.
- In town/city centre
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - at rear in Tavistock place
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Open all year
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Map & Directions
|Closed Long Term|
* Please note that Plymouth City Museum is now closed so development work for the History Centre can take place.