We’re proud to offer fine dining in the heart of Plymouth. In our Two AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, you can enjoy classic dishes with an adventurous twist, beautifully presented by our talented chefs. Plus, eating out is always an occasion at the Duke, thanks to the stunning Victorian grandeur of our unique restaurant.
Treat yourself to sensational fine dining in one of Plymouth’s most iconic historic buildings. Whether you’re staying at the hotel or visiting just to dine, you’ll find an exceptional selection of food available on our menu. Created by our talented award-winning chefs, these dishes are original, delicious and beautifully presented. And our restaurant is a wonderful setting for fine dining. With its unusual circular form, grand pillars and classic décor, there’s period charm in abundance. The domed ceiling adorned with a dazzling chandelier make for a striking focal point. This combination of great food and beautiful surroundings creates a truly special dining experience we know you’ll love.
To book your table, call 01752 275850 to speak to our Reception team.
For information about our Restaurant, Lounge Bar, Tea at the Top and Private Dining, click here to visit our website: https://thedukeofcornwall.co.uk/dining-bars/.
- Free public Wi-Fi
- Free Wi-Fi for all delegates
- Additional meal details - Lounge bar snacks and Bistro menu. Packed lunches. All special diets catered for.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Xbox and DVD Player available.
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum of 300.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Full secretarial services available.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Banqueting, 6 Function Rooms, Boardroom
- Event venue
- Flipchart and Pens
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Pets accepted
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Wedding Venue
- Wi-Fi available
- Celebrity connection - Was visited by numerous Hollywood celebrities at the height of the Silver Screen days (1930s). Also, Shackleton and survivors of the Titanic stayed here.
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II Listed Victorian Gothic hotel built in 1863 with numerous unique features.
- Czech spoken
- Polish spoken
- Access to golf course - Special discounts at Yelverton Golf Club (9 miles).
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Gym - We offer Gym discounts
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Car Park behind hotel – 25 spaces. Also on-street parking and public car park nearby.
- Close to Railway Station
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player
- Four poster beds available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Operate recycling scheme and use locally produced vegetables, fish and meat.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Work extensively with Plymouth Theatre Royal (2 minutes walk) for theatre breaks.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Provide storage space for cycles and suggested cycle routes for Dartmoor and the South Hams. Packed lunches available.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - 24 hour check in, complete room service.
- Special provisions for walkers - Provide detailed walking maps of beauty spots for Dartmoor and South Hams.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Take the A3064 exit towards B3396/City Centre/Devonport Continue onto A3064 Turn Right onto St Budeaux Bypass/A3064 Turn left onto Wolseley Rd/A3064 At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Wolesely Rd/A3064 Continue straight onto Outland Road/A3064 Outland Road turns slightly right and becomes Alma Rd/A386 At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Pennycomequick Hill Continue to follow A386 At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Western Approach Continue straight onto The Crescent Turn right onto Millbay Road – we are on the left!
Take the A374/B3416 exit towards A379/City Centre/Kingsbridge/Plympton At the roundabout take the 1st exit Keep Right to head to city centre onto Gdynia Way At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Exeter Street Take the 2nd left towards Bretonside bus station At the mini roundabout turn left Follow the road towards Plymouth Pavilions The hotel is opposite the Pavilions on the left hand side (you can’t miss us)
Public Transport Directions
From Train Station
You can walk from the train station if the day calls for it, heading for Plymouth Pavilions via Toys r Us or alternatively jump in a taxi right outside the station and you’ll be here in no time.
|Open New Year|
|Opening Dates 2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* The hotel first opened in 1863.