Coastal walk & rock pooling on a hidden Cornish beach
|Ticket Type /||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Take a trip on the Cremyll Ferry over to Mount Edgumbe where the guided walk will begin on the South West Coast Path to the beautiful beaches of Kingsands and Sandways.
Here at Sandways we will take you on an expert-led Rock Pool Project Safari – your friendly marine biologist will safely guide you and your group to explore the magical world of the rocky shore. They will share their passion and expert knowledge to introduce you to astonishingly diverse wildlife in a relaxed, fun and educational session.
Itinerary for a Rock Pool Safari:
- Meet your friendly expert guide - Your safari starts with a warm welcome, safety briefing and introduction to the astonishing ecosystem you are about to investigate.
- Let's get rock pooling! - As you wander down the shore towards the water's edge, you’ll learn fascinating facts and ID skills about the many curious creatures your guide will help you to find.
- Discover a new world - Once near the water, at low tide, things get really mesmerising. Species normally only found under the sea can be seen and your guide will teach you how to find them.
- Contribute to our research - Once you are feeling confident, you’ll be able to use our specialist waterproof cameras to record the wildlife you discover, collecting real scientific data and contributing to our citizen science and conservation work! Little ones can join in too with our exciting Rock Pool Bingo cards.
- Free personalised photographic record for everyone in the group! - After your experience, and perhaps an ice-cream, coffee or swim, we will ID and upload your finds to our app before sending you your very own, personal Rock Pool Report as a pdf – the perfect memento of your special safari on the rocky shore!
|Length of visit:||6 - 7 hours|
|Maximum group size:||16|
|Minimum group size:||4|