- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 20th Jan 2022
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 21st Jan 2022
- No. of Nights:
- Clear signage
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
Plymouth’s Largest Independent, Family Run Hotel...
Plymouth is rightly hailed as Britain's Ocean City and the New Continental Hotel’s fabulous central location makes it easy to explore its many maritime delights. We are proud to be in the heart of a city we love, and thrilled to be the largest, independent family run hotel in Plymouth.
With 99 bedrooms, a leisure complex, a fabulous restaurant which is home to a brigade of talented chefs as well as staff that really care about the memories you make. With over 80 car parking spaces you can park up and take a short stroll to the beautifully enchanting and historic waterfront, with the most amazing vista, or within a few minute’s you can be in our wonderful city centre; which features many independent retailers as well as national brands and high street names in its varied shopping areas.
In addition, quite literally across the road, you will find the South West’s premier arts and entertainment venues; the Theatre Royal Plymouth and Plymouth Pavilions.
Our award winning, independent family run hotel will captivate you from the moment you arrive, and so too will our warm and professional family welcome. We aspire to create an individual, personal and comfortable environment; provided with a passion that comes from a family tradition steeped in the hospitality industry -and the odd eccentricities from being custodians of a Grade II listed building that dates back more than 150 years.
Our 99 hotel bedrooms and bathrooms provide the space to stretch out, unwind and relax. We have a wide range of bedrooms to choose from including; delightful doubles, romantic four poster beds, tremendous twin rooms, family rooms that sleep 3, 4 and 5 and roomy singles.
We offer quality food for both guests and non-guests at Steve’s Brasserie, which opened in 2010 and is named after Steve Hajiyianni who acquired the New Continental Hotel in 1984. The restaurant is spacious while at the same time intimate with a warm and inviting ambience. Our menu includes varied dishes ranging from traditional classics to unique culinary delights, using only the finest fresh seasonal ingredients sourced from local suppliers which reflect the rich agricultural and fishing tradition of the West Country.
We also have Club Continental; the New Continental Hotels leisure complex which is FREE for our guests to use and open 7 days a week. Club Continental comes complete with a heated indoor pool, sauna & steam room as well as two air conditioned gyms. The Hajiyianni family have been involved in the hospitality industry in Plymouth for over three generations, they are delighted to be winners of some tremendous awards and so proud to be able to share the most recent with you:
Plymouth Herald Business Awards; Tourism & Hospitality Business of The Year 2016 City & Waterfront Accommodation Provider of the year 2016 Plymouth Herald Business Awards; Family Business of The Year 2015.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room Type /||Room Tariff*|
|Double en-suite from||On Request|
|Single en-suite from||On Request|
|Twin en-suite from||On Request|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Additional meal details - Any on request
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 7am - 10am. Executive restaurant £10.00 per head. £6.00 for children.
- Serve evening meal - 5.30pm - 9pm - Steve's Brasserie
- Serve lunch - 12pm - 2pm. Bar meals served in the Roma Bar.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Accept Children Over 3
- Facilities for children - Cots, children's menu, baby listening.
- Special meal times for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Secretarial support available. Fax, Modem points in all bedrooms. ISDN.
- City Centre Location
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Family Friendly
- Gym and Leisure facilities
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Separate guests' lounge
- Swimming Pool
- Wedding Venue
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Groups Welcomed
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II listed building.
- Greek spoken
- Indoor pool
- Swimming pool - Indoor, heated 10m x 8m pool.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Approximately 100 cars managed by Parking Eye; registration must be given at reception.
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
* Christmas is one of our favourite times of the year; full of magical, fun festivities. Here at the New Continental Hotel we are open all the way through, serving up the finest of food and and our festive elves are on hand to make sure your merry soiree goes without a hitch! Whether it’s celebrating with colleagues, catching up with old friends, or family, we’ve got a festive feast to suit.
For accommodation we are CLOSED between Tuesday 24th & Friday 27th December; but reopen on Saturday 28th December ready to welcome in the New Year.