There are three ticket types depending on when you're looking to visit and if you’re a Plymouth residents (with a PL post code).
Full details can be found on the National Marine Aquarium website.
£19.50 to £23.00
£9.75 to £11.50
£17.50 to £21.00
£14.50 to £18.00
Under 3s and Carers
National Marine Aquarium - Day Plus Pass
So that visitors can gain the most from their experience at National Marine Aquarium, on purchase of a day ticket visitors will be able to return to National Marine Aquarium for a further 12 months free of charge (terms and conditions apply). This is applicable to all tickets purchased online too.
Visit the UK's largest Aquarium and be fascinated by an underwater world. All day tickets come with a free 12-month pass, so pay once and return as much as you like throughout the year!
A visit to the Aquarium will take you on a journey across the world's Ocean, from the shores of Plymouth Sound to the coral reefs of the tropics of Australia.
With over 4,000 animals to meet including sharks, stingrays, octopuses, jellyfish and a very cheeky turtle, there will be something different on every visit. One hundred percent of the National Marine Aquarium’s proceeds go towards the Ocean Conservation Trust, a charity dedicated to connecting people with the Ocean.
Visiting the aquarium isn’t just a great way to explore the Ocean, it’s a brilliant way to help conserve it too. Exhibits include the UK’s deepest and largest tank, the UK’s largest native exhibit, the UK’s largest single viewing panel and many more interactive displays.
Make sure you visit the National Marine Aquarium website for an updated list of all the upcoming events and activities.
We have three ticket types depending on when you’re looking to visit us.
- Saver tickets are for those looking to visit between November and March
- Standard tickets are for those looking to visit in April to July & September to October
- Peak tickets are for those looking to visit in August
All tickets come with a Complimentary Pass to revisit for 12 months, you will be offered the pass on arrival to the Aquarium.
For more information on ticket prices and types click here
Covid-19 safety measures in place
- We will be employing a one-way system, including in our Ocean Waves gift shop
- Visitors will have designated three-hour time slots in which to enter the aquarium - Tickets are only available to purchase in advance online to limit capacity and ensure at least one metre distance between visitors.
- The aquarium’s Ocean Discovery Rangers will be positioned around the aquarium, helping to ensure everyone maintains a suitable distance from one another – ensuring a safe day out as you re-aquaint yourself with your favourite Ocean animals.
- We have installed additional hand-wash and sanitisation facilities around the aquarium and there will be floor markings to help visitors to stay apart. - Staff will be managing toilet facilities to control numbers of people in and out and ensuring that regular cleaning takes place.
- The team have installed lots of guidance on hygiene, social distancing and safety measures around the aquarium as friendly reminders to everyone about how to enjoy their day.
- The Loola Land Soft play, however, will remain closed, in order to safely uphold social distancing measures and limit people’s contact with hard surfaces.
Normally during the summer months, our Aquarium would be welcoming and inspiring thousands of visitors, but to ensure safety there will a huge reduction in daily tickets available to limit visitor numbers.