The Invicta Hotel & Restaurant is an AA accredited 4 star independent boutique hotel with 23 rooms where Georgian architecture gives light to a fusion of modern contemporary design. Characterised by its intimate atmosphere & individualised hospitality along with an unparalleled gastronomical experience in our restaurant.
Location - The hotel enjoys an enviable position on the famous and historic Plymouth Hoe overlooking Hoe Park and is situated just a few minutes’ walk from the sea front, historic Barbican, city centre, Plymouth Pavilions and Theatre Royal. Some of the rooms have a partial view of Plymouth Sound.
WiFi - Courtesy, ultra-fast, fibre-optic connectivity essential to business users and families alike, enabling uninterrupted streaming throughout the hotel.
Restaurant - Serving seasonal menus with locally sourced produce.
All our rooms feature generous beverage trays with complimentary mineral water, complimentary Duck Island luxuy toiletries, an extensive pillow menu, fluffy white bathrobes.
The contemporary newly refurbished lounge and bar is the perfect place to relax and unwind with maybe a pot of tea or coffee or even an afternoon tea. In the evening, the Bar / Lounge is a warm, welcome retreat to enjoy a few drinks with your family, friends or work colleagues before or after enjoying an evening meal in our restaurant which is open Monday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00pm.
Have a drink at the bar, stocked with a fine selection of bottled beers and locally brewed ales, lagers and ciders. Indulge in one of our many international branded spirits, including the world-famous Plymouth Gin, hailing from the distillery which is just a stone’s throw from the hotel.
The Bowline restaurant offers you an intimate personal dining experience in a beautiful setting. Contemporary furniture fuses with period features and sweeping bay windows setting the scene for dinner. The Bowline restaurant has a passionate team of chefs creating fresh seasonal menus from locally sourced produce from land and sea. Why not complement your meal with one of our award winning wines from around the globe.
Start the day as you mean to go on! Indulge with a freshly cooked to order full English breakfast or maybe a lighter continental breakfast with freshly baked croissants and pastries.
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Additional meal details
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach within 2km
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Independent Business
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Near coastal path
- Night porter
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - Dogs accepted
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Groups Welcomed
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade II Listed hotel built circa 1845 by renowned architect George Wightwick.
- French spoken
- German spoken
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 10 spaces available on-site at £5 per day. Reservation required. Concessionary parking permits also available from Reception for on-street parking.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|