About usTo celebrate Pride month in Plymouth, Drake Circus is illuminated with the colours of the iconic Pride flag, complete with a new showstopping rainbow staircase on the 24-hour walkway.
Coinciding with Plymouth Pride Festival on 10th August, there is a week of exciting Pride events, running from Monday 5th – Saturday 10th August.
Whether it's learning the history of Plymouth's vibrant LGBTQ community, creating your own Pride mask or learning more about the support services available in the South West, there is lots to get involved with:
• Monday 5th August – Plymouth College of Art – the team are kicking off the week with a Pride flag workshop. Get involved in creating a flag you can wave with pride at Saturday's event.
• Tuesday 6th August – The Eddystone Trust – the team are in the centre providing customers with information on HIV and sexual health and services, including the C Card scheme.
• Wednesday 7th August – Plymouth College of Art – if you missed the team's Pride flag workshop on Monday then you can catch them in the centre again for another day of exciting rainbow crafts.
• Thursday 8th August – Pride in Plymouth – the team will showcase their LGBT archive project, which has been fundamental in the resurgence of Pride within the city.
• Friday 9th August – the Bill's team have got a day of great giveaways planned, including a lucky dip where you could win big! Plus, join the team in a creative colouring task where you can design your own rainbow sundae.
• Saturday 10th August – Local artist Ella Brett will be hosting a Pride mask workshop for all ages, perfect for the city's festivities on Plymouth Hoe.
Alongside the event, Drake Circus are running a competition on their Facebook with the chance to win prizes each day, including a rainbow Michael Kors watch, courtesy of Drakes Jewellers, and a colourful coffee set from Starbucks.